Watch Ozone Videos
iZotope's complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools:
Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds seven additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
LEARN MORE Get more details on features in Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced.
WHAT'S NEW? Compare features in Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced.
TRY IT OUT! Put Ozone on any mix and hear the difference immediately.
Your mix isn't finished until Ozone is on it.
The process of mastering ranges from correcting mistakes made in the mix to preparing a recording for target listening environments. Like a final coat of polish, mastering makes the difference between a good-sounding mix and a professional-sounding master. With Ozone 5, we've delivered the biggest update ever to our critically-acclaimed software mastering system, making it easier than ever for anyone to master their audio simply and efficiently.
Setting a new industry standard for mastering tools, the all-new Ozone 5 Advanced extends the standard version of Ozone 5 for greater flexibility, precision, and control. Based on feedback and requests gathered from mastering professionals, Ozone 5 Advanced includes exclusive controls and features like the Meter Bridge view and 6 individual component plug-ins based on Ozone's mastering modules. In addition, Ozone 5 Advanced now includes Insight, a dedicated metering plug-in that includes surround sound support and extended features for complying with loudness regulations.
Wish you could use the Maximizer and MBIT+™ dither in Reason?
You can! Get the Rack Extension
Key Features of Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced
In Ozone 5, every module has been updated with refined signal processing algorithms to bring you a new level of mastering quality. The most complete mastering suite available has never sounded better.
Guided by iZotope's expertise in DSP research, Ozone 5 combines the best nuances of both analog and digital worlds:
- Analog-modeled processing combined with linear phase precision
- Flexible sonic capabilities for adding realistic warmth, bite, punch, and space to your mix
- New IRC™ III Limiter for louder, fuller masters that preserve crisp transient detail
- Fully-revamped hybrid Reverb module
- Additional Reverb room models and circuit-modeled Exciter modes
- Stereoize feature for widening mono/narrow mixes
- True Envelope peak detection and Detection Circuit filters in the Dynamics module
- Unique Mixed-Phase EQ mode
We've redesigned the Ozone user interface to make it even easier to dial in the professional sound you want. New users can get started right away and experienced Ozone fans will feel right at home.
Workflow enhancements allow for finer control while keeping important features right at your fingertips:
- Comprehensive preset manager with over 250 professionally-designed presets
- New per-module presets and intelligent module Amount Controls
- User-definable signal routing and extensive automation support
- Optimized for today's low-latency DAW environments
- Individual plug-ins for inserting any of Ozone Advanced's modules as independent plug-ins in your host: EQ, Maximizer, Dynamics, Stereo Imaging, Harmonic Exciter, and Reverb
- Additional controls in nearly every module for greater flexibility and precision
With Ozone 5, see your mix like never before! A broad variety of updated metering tools provide unprecedented visualizations of how mix elements fit together, guiding both your eyes and your ears to the perfect-sounding master.
Each processing module is complemented with useful spectrums, phase meters, vectorscopes and level histograms:
- For example, use the Gain Reduction Trace view to help set the compressor's release time, or watch the Correlation Trace to catch instantaneous phase problems
- The Meter Bridge view includes extended audio analysis and visualization tools within one convenient and configurable window
- Exclusive Meter Tap plug-ins for visually analyzing multiple streams of track and bus audio data
- High-resolution real-time 2D and 3D Spectrogram plots and a real-time, resizable Spectrum Analyzer
- NEW: Insight, a separate component plug-in fully dedicated to metering and compliant with BS.1770-1/2/3 loudness standards.
LEARN MORE Get more details on features in Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced.
"Ozone just won, hands down. It just sounded great, and we used it for everything."
—Atticus Ross, musician and producer for bands like Tool and Nine Inch Nails,
as well as Academy Award-winning co-composer of the score of The Social Network.
"Ozone is our go-to in-house mastering tool. We've been using it throughout the entire process of recording the new Garbage album... we are constantly updating songs with new mixes and use Ozone to make each new version sound exciting and compelling."
—Butch Vig, drummer for Garbage, producer of Nirvana Nevermind and the latest
Foo Fighters album, Wasting Light.
"MBIT+ is an impeccably-designed and versatile dither that can get all the information and purity of tone from my higher-resolution sources down to 16 bits with great success. With the wider range of noise-shaping choices in Ozone 5, MBIT+ is even more of a winner for me."
—Bob Katz, three-time GRAMMY award-winning mastering engineer, inventor of K-System metering,
author of Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science.
"Ozone ended up being one of my 'go-to' plug-ins for adding punch to many of the vehicle recordings in TRON: Legacy. "
—Steve Boeddeker, sound designer, mixer, and composer whose work for Skywalker Sound
includes SE7EN, Fight Club, X-Men, Alice in Wonderland, and more.
"Ozone really helps me match that final mastered sound. It's the best-sounding high-end pop reference software I've used."
—Jason Graves, British Academy Award-winning video game composer for franchises
such as DEAD SPACE, Star Trek, City of Heroes, and Command and Conquer.
"We mastering engineers are a finicky bunch and Ozone 5 brings a new level of excellence and maturity to host-based processing....it makes the grade!"
—Jonathan Wyner, mastering engineer and owner of M-WORKS Mastering Studios, whose credits
include David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, and more.
"Ozone is great for shaping the sound of a record very quickly."
—Just Blaze, GRAMMY-winning in-house producer for Jay-Z's Roc-A-Fella Records, whose credits include
Jay-Z, Fabolous, Snoop Dogg, Usher, T.I., and more.
"Ozone is a powerful mastering tool! I particularly like the sound of the "Intelligent" limiter algorithms...rock! Ozone is a great addition to my mastering arsenal."
—Adam Ayan, GRAMMY Award and 3-time Latin GRAMMY Award engineer, whose credits at Gateway
Mastering include Sarah McLachlan, Faith Hill, Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, and more.
"Mastering, for me, literally consists of an iZotope Maximizer, maybe with a little bit of EQ and harmonic excitement, but that's it. It's all about what makes you smile at the end of day."
—SKRILLEX, electronic dance music producer and popular remixer for acts like Lady Gaga,
La Roux, and Black Eyed Peas.